Romaine, Chickpea and Cranberry Delight Salad
The hubster used to think a salad was a few leaves of iceberg lettuce with heaps of thousand island dressing. True story.
He has been changed. I mean has since changed. You don't have to use these particular lettuces. If you have your own favorite(s) lettuce(s), then go for it!
Here is one of our now favorite ways to consume some healthy lettuce(s). It's absolutely scrumptious!
- handful of spring salad mix
- head of romaine
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4 cup goat cheese (optional if vegan, or to taste)
- handful dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chickpeas
- 3 tbsps of dressing (I used Simply Dressed Strawberry Poppyseed)
- 3 tbsps of crushed candied pecans
Put the salad dressing in the bottom of the bowl and toss to combine and coat all of the ingredients and enjoy! Easy chickpeasy!